Wot is yor DAW? (was: RE: OK, I Give Up)

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 19:03:40 CET 2014

Mr Random Variate wrote:

> I can't see much future need for more than the i5 4760k and 16gb of RAM...

> Unless there are new VSTs due to be released that are so powerful as to need even more realtime processing power and RAM.

> We're already at highest of hi-fidelity digital sound production no?

Funny you should say this; this is why Im disillusioned with UAD.  For many years their platform has kind of become irrelevant as we just don’t need that extra DSP power anymore.  But, I still appreciated them because of the quality of their plugins.  However, every plug that comes out becomes more and more processing greedy to the extent that their new Culture Vulture plugin only gets TWO instances on my UAD Duo (500euro 2x SHARC Processor card).  A few years back and their typical run count on my card would be anything up to 60 instances!

Completely ridiculous…

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk