Wot is yor DAW? (was: RE: OK, I Give Up)

random variate randomvariate at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 18:23:16 CET 2014

All interesting information. Agreed, SSD is a must. I put one in to a limping Dell dual core XP laptop and it ran Cubase 5 32bit easily - albeit as a sequencing platform only. No VST. And mixing was OTB.

I run Cubase 7 64bit and all applications off SSD, with audio libraries on separate spinning HDs.

I can't see much future need for more than the i5 4760k and 16gb of RAM... Unless there are new VSTs due to be released that are so powerful as to need even more realtime processing power and RAM.

We're already at highest of hi-fidelity digital sound production no?

What could the next VST or digital sound technology leap be?

Sent from my Syncussion