Wot is yor DAW? (was: RE: OK, I Give Up)

random variate randomvariate at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 22:44:28 CET 2014

Looks like your setup has plenty grunt enough to me.

I also have mine setup for quiet. My spinner hard drives only spin up when used. They are in quiet mount chassis holders. And the PC is built in a Carillion DAW case, which is heavy steel, and that is in a Pro Tools rig flight case (I have small cable glands for any cabling).

Also use passive cooled class D amplifiers for PMC monitors.

And run a cheap 1GB 6450 passive cooled gfx card. Lets me connect a couple of Asus 24" displays via HDMI and DVI, no fan noise.

Quiet is good!

Sent from my Syncussion