MiniBrute - Views

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Sun Sep 22 14:52:40 CEST 2013

On 22 sep. 2013, at 12:09, punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:

> How are you getting on with them?  Do they sound like just another (but good) mono synth or do they have their own distinctive sound/interface?
>
> I quite tempted but really don’t need another synth unless it offers something different..

I have one, it's a good synth. OK build quality. A bit annoyed with it detuning, as in slightly sharp below slightly flat at the top. But I heard that's normal for VCO's :) for a monosynth you get a very wide range of sounds. I did found it lacking a bit in the top-end. The MiniBrute + MiniKaossPad 2 is very fun :)

If you compare it to a SH-101, for some reason I find the SH-101 to be way more musical. But perhaps I was trying to let the MiniBrute be a SH-101...

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL