Anyone in New York want a fully loaded SGI Onyx2 workstation?

ibi sum ibisum at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 22:18:05 CEST 2013

Well I hear what you are saying ..

Yet I am having a blast watching Flynn hack away on every 8bit machine in the house and just know that in a year or so, those old machines, still working, are going to be as interesting to him as they ever were to me .. And that's the point of it, Peter.  High end 3D graphics is not something that a 6 year old needs to try to harness (although of course he does get entertained by it), but an 8 bit number system that can be used to describe sprites and colors, and which can be used to learn basic reading and writing skills without requiring a commitment to a GUI: still quite a useful educational tool.

IMHO, of course, but lets ask Flynn about it in a few years time.

;
--
seclorum