Anyone in New York want a fully loaded SGI Onyx2 workstation?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Mon Sep 2 20:40:36 CEST 2013

Op 2-9-2013 16:23, Jay Vaughan schreef:

>> Just looked up the specs... it has about 1/50th the performance of my ageing GTX 580 when it comes to drawing triangles.
> And?

That, in my opinion, it's a mistake to go back to old computer systems,
for old times' sake. I did this when I had an Amiga, and played a C64
game that I had enjoyed back in the day. I didn't enjoy it any longer.

So I cherish the memories, and I'll never sell my A500 (not that anybody
would spend a dime on it anyway), but for me it's the memories, not the
systems themselves.

- Peter