Winter of Korg

Romain / rXg xtechcode at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 19:48:46 CEST 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2013, at 11:16 AM, "Romain / rXg" <xtechcode at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Andrew,
> Did you try Minibrute <- Harvestman's English Tear -> Ms20 mini yet ?
>

> Don't have the ET yet, did randomly hook it up midi but unfortunately the
> MB arp does not transmit over midi, I think it does over cv... I can't
> remember.

*I didn t know and i think it s*cks, this is another reason why i don t
like Minibrute ...*

> Actually the ms20 by itself has so much to explore and learn within itself
> that I think I will be busy with just it for a while. You can really play
> it and explore the subtleties, like digging for gold. Would love to have an
> analog sequencer for it though, I should prob get a darktime.

*No!!! i would advice you the MAQ16/3*
*http://www.thomann.de/gb/doepfer_maq163.htm*<http://www.thomann.de/gb/doepfer_maq163.htm>
**
*The problem for me is the darktime looks really sexy but it has no
memory  ... imaging in real live show how the Maq16/3 would be practical if
you want to recall specific sequences... and this is not possible with
darktime imo but it s not the same price ...*
**

>  Ps: the Ms20 in thomaan will be release  in december ( well it s what
> they wrote... )
>

> It's not available most places here yet either but musicians friend has
> them and it looks like then drop shipped right from the distributer. It was
> shipped in the korg box.

*Mikael told me that i can get one used from a swedish shopdemo .. but I
will wait ...*

> i m quite pleased with the iMS20 but i really want to experiment with
> External Signal processing ...
>

> My first impression is it's pretty different from the digital version.
> Though there are loads of videos I'm sure you have watched comparing every
> ms20 to each other.

*Yes i did watch lot and read quite much too !  but i m sure i can discover
new stuff soon an Andrew Video ? :)*

>  and I really look forward of what you will make with all those Korg
> gears :)
>

> Thanks me too, it will be nice to do some music again. I tell you it's
> really nice to just hook some things into a mixer again and just play them.
>

> Don t forget to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWmrmEE6mO4
> (it was quite useful for me when discovering the Ms20 possibilities) ..
>

> Right I remember those, when they came out I was like woh that's a lot to
> watch but now it will just be like a class :)
>

>   How much did you pay for the Harvestman's English Tear ?
>  Have a lot of fun with your new friends !  :P
>

> Didn't get it yet, (I need to also get more power in my euro setup) but
> it's on analog haven for like $160ish
>

>   *Thx for the price :)
> *
>
>  *Romain*
>

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <
> andrewtarpinian at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  It's quite odd to have an actual ms20 sitting on my desk I have never
>> had one, it's like a time warp/famous person in my apartment.
>>
>> The build quality is not great but ok, better than the old USB controller
>> at least. It's noisy as shit (like an actual noise generator) when you
>> press a key (totally apparent when you turn the osc's off,) it's from the
>> filter apparently and comparable to the rev1 original ms20.
>>
>> It's pretty disgusting, it's like it was designed broken :) and it's
>> lovely. Goes really well with the minibrute if you program them to play
>> nice, basically trying to keep them each in their own sonic space. But
>> those slightly evolving warm muffled dirty bass sounds when the lpf is
>> doing it's job are legendary, it's like all the sounds straight from you
>> favorite albums.
>>
>> On Oct 10, 2013, at 1:36 PM, "Romain / rXg" <xtechcode at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  I m jealous,and I m  looking forward for  your music :)
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <
>> andrewtarpinian at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone done anything interesting with the new MS20?
>>>
>>> I have one coming today. Also going to pick up the Harvestman's English
>>> Tear to make it compatible with euro. Oh and ordered all the Volcas :)
>>>
>>> My computer has not been happy as of late so planning to spend some time
>>> with these guys and the octatrack.
>>>

>> --
>> Romain

> --