Getting your music in iTunes?

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at outlook.com
Fri Oct 11 16:02:40 CEST 2013

Well, it's not free.  You get one song for free and then you have to pay $19.95 a year after that.
my guess is his volume is small so his infrastructure is cheap at this point.  He is trying to get people hooked on it.  After a few years, I'd bet he limits the $19.95 to 20 songs a year or something and eventually offers a per-song pricing of something like $2.   Just a guess though.   He is setting his pricing in such a way to encourage adoption because he feels once musicians have adopted the system, they won't want to go back to CDBaby.  He also may be hoping to sell the infrastructure he created to someone like CDBaby so his business model is about looking to a future big pay day rather than planning on doing this until retirement.
Tony