iPad Air

Kim Johnsson johnssonkim at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 20:29:04 CET 2013

Jay wrote:

> I am finding that Reaper simply is an ass-kicking DAW of choice on my new MBP, fwiw.  The new MIDI editing features are pretty coherent.. give it a try if you haven’t, and want to avoid the massive cost of Logic while being pleasantly surprised at just how competitive REAPER is, in the grand scheme of things: http://reaper.fm/

Yeah, I’ve seen Reaper mentioned before, and I actually even installed it a few years ago, but I didn’t really try it out seriously. I did, however, take The Step and bought Logic a while ago and gave it a test spin on my MBA, and got a good enough vibe from it. The iPad integration is quite nice. However, I didn’t find the cost so massive; it’s a little less than a Sonar upgrade, which I normally do every two years or so. Logic now costs 180 euro, but I understand it’s been a lot more expensive before, maybe you’re thinking of that price? Reaper is, what, 60 euro or so?

Oh, any recommendations where I should look for free kick-ass delay effects? The dirtier and more vintage analog-feeling, the better. Logic apparently only supports 64-bit AU, but I believe there’s also a workaround to get VST support (even 32-bit)...

Cheers,

Kim