(Euro)Racks, Power Supplies

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Fri Mar 8 11:47:23 CET 2013

> What would be the best way to approach this in your opinion ?

I have always been bothered by cable clutter, so my approach these days is to fit things into cases.  As in, any and all cases.

My mutable/vacoloco rig all fits into a rugged leather/metal-frame toolbox I got from the local hardware outlet, to deploy I simply plug in, open and play .. in fact .. most of the smaller newer stuff is packed into bags or cases of the industrial nature found around the hardware shop.  My iPad jam-rig, which consists of the AKAI pads/keys/mix controllers, a battery-powered USB hub, a little headphone mixer thingy, and the iPad itself, all packed into an old rugged laptop case I found in a dumpster which it all fits quite nicely and is indistinguishable from a bit of heavy machinery.  I have also had to be more portable in my approach, since most of my music-making happens at the RES studio, way across the other side of the city, these days.  But I also have my 19" rack/qy700 rig still set up, too.. I'm just not using it as much as the newer bits.

Anyway, I guess the point is to use all kinds of cases, not just the standardized variety, for your bits and things.  I think a trip to the case section of the hardware store could reveal an interesting way to pack your bits into a handy format, and maybe with a bit of hacksaw/lasercutting, you can make it neat and formal, too.  At least, thats my direction, and backlog, too .. ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan