(Euro)Racks, Power Supplies

Marc Nostromo [M-.-n] marc.nostromo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 11:33:32 CET 2013

It started already a while ago but I see myself growing my collection
of small devices. Prabably most will be mine, some from other sources.

In order to keep it all  neat, I'm thinking of getting a modular style
rack. Dangerous step but I think I'm too into doing my own stuff to be
anywhere close to the spending cliff. (well, maybe except for the M303
from acidlabs).

I think most of them will be 9v/5v powered.

Here's some examples of what I'd like to 'rack'

- Mutable Instruments stuff (I guess that's straightforward)
- 9v powered Guitar pedals.
- Teensy / Arduino based devices

Does eurorack provide this kind of supply out of the box (I don't
think so). Do I need to have regulators in every device from 12v I'm
building (I guess the usual LM7805 will do) or can I think of building
additional power rails inside the rack itself ?

I'm just getting kind of sick of constenty switching my 2 power
adapters everytime I wanna jam.

What would be the best way to approach this in your opinion ?

Thanks
Marc.

--
http://marc-nostromo.com