Logic Pro X

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Mon Jul 22 00:10:10 CEST 2013

Op 21-7-2013 23:46, Andrew Robinson schreef:
> Is there any easy way to work out which of my plug-ins are 64
> bit? My google-fu isn't coming up with anything useful, and I
> think it's a possible dealbreaker for me.

Hey, Andy,

To be honest, I didn't think of the 32-bit/64-bit thing before I
bought Logic Pro X - I was "blinded" by that video - hehe. Big
"surprise" when I started playing with it :-/

On the other hand, I do most of my stuff with Ableton Live at the
moment, so it's not such a big deal for me to start using Logic
again slowly while searching for 64-bit versions of my plug-ins.
Oh, and did I mention my HD is full, again? Grmbl...

Thing is, I want to use Logic again for those long, ambient
tracks. I have never liked Ableton much for that. Ableton is
great for building tracks with loops and stuff, but for
recording, say, 1-10 minute parts, not so cool.

I don't know how many plug-ins you have, but you might google
every single plug-in with the addition "64-bit". If you have,
say, 10-15 favourite plug-ins, it's not such a big deal...

Good luck, and please let us know how you're faring :-)

Gert

--
gert van santen
www.gertvansanten.nl