Yamaha RM1X

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 21:54:29 CET 2013

On Jan 14, 2013, at 2:19 PM, Tony Scharf <noisetheorem at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see how anyone can say the octatrack is complicated.  Just sample (or import) and sequence.

Granted I don't use it everyday, (so maybe you just need to get good at it) but I find every time I go back to it I need to re-learn how to do certain things, like the buttons, there is a lot of multi-function/button stuff etc... that is not really labeled.

And still to this day I have not sampled to the machine(vs loading sounds from a card), I could not get it to work reliably, the machine seemed like it was doing different things than the instructions said. I think there was some suff that changed from the original os.

I dunno  I need to go back to it, but I felt like I had to do a shit load of stuff to work with it and the machine did not give me back anything that was worth it and so different from another box.