Yamaha RM1X

Tony Scharf noisetheorem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 20:19:18 CET 2013

I don't see how anyone can say the octatrack is complicated.  Just sample
(or import) and sequence.

The one thing I wish it had was a better way of entering notes from a MIDI
keyboard.  Realtime is ok, but I miss step time entry.   The 'press a
trigger, press a key' is ok for some things but horrible for others.

If Elektron made a mkII version of the keyboard, it would be mine.  Ill
just keep waiting and hoping I guess.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Andrew Tarpinian <andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I like the workflow and having the keyboard attached really makes it a
> cohesive unit. I suppose it's all the same with a midi controller, but you
> miss out on things like the LED's above the keys and the joystick and, well
> the other mental benefits of integration.
>
> It's not super complex, I just find it really, really fast and straight
> forward. I don't even have to think how to operate it.
>
> The octatrack I still have not gotten to grips with, I really think it's
> too complex for its own good, and it's weird because it's the same company.
>
> On Jan 14, 2013, at 1:59 PM, "Marc Nostromo [M-.-n]" <
> marc.nostromo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I think the monomachine keyboard is the best seq for purely ease of use.
> >
> > You mean because it has a keyboard or just because you like the
> > monomachine's workflow ?

NoiseTheorem:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NoiseTheorem
SoundCloud:http://soundcloud.com/noisetheorem