Minibrute!

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:48:41 CET 2013

On Jan 11, 2013, at 1:43 PM, Ron West <ronwest at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Just ordered one, Sweetwater looks to have them in stock.
>
> Nice!
>
>> I'm hoping that it fills the void left from when I let go a not working so great SH-101 years ago.
>
> I kept hearing the M/B being described as a 101 killer. The first
> thing I did when I got mine was to compare the two. While the M/B is
> more flexible the 101 blows it away sound wise.

In what way? Bass or just general sound quality.

The merits of the 101 are many fold, foremost for me was that you just could not made a bad sound with it, it's impossible. Second was the interface, I love building sounds from scratch as I make music, and with such a open interface it took no time at all to create the sound that was needed at the moment and play it using the synthesizer not just the keys.