My latest creation ..

Romain / rXg xtechcode at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 15:22:30 CEST 2013

Of course it makes senses for flying ... I was just not aware of them,
maybe because i never piloted a remote control Plane ...
I m not sure if french pilots pay those inssurance ... I used to know a guy
who the had the same passion for Remote control planes but never told me
about those rules ...

For submarines I didn t think about the 2.4GHz issue ... Damn me ... :)

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Martin Naef <mnaef at navisto.ch> wrote:

> Hi Romain
>
> It makes sense from a safety perspective. A 3kg plane flying at 100km/h
> (e.g. my CAP-232) has a huge kinetic energy. You can create some massive
> damage on impact. Just last week, a 2.5kg glider went straight through the
> roof of a house in Switzerland - not a pretty sight. Neither of those
> planes is particularly big. Fortunately, such incidents are rare, but
> imagine if you hurt somebody but there is no insurance to pay.
>
> I wouldn't know about rules surrounding submarines. I'd imagine that the
> control technologies put some limits to what you can do in the first place.
> 2.4GHz radio waves don't penetrate water well.
>
> Regards
> Martin
>

> On 2013-08-07 14:19, Romain / rXg wrote:
>
>> Damn I didnt know about those rules ...
>> This make think about remote control' Submarine, is there any weird
>> rules ( to protect us) ?
>> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Martin Naef <mnaef at navisto.ch
>> <mailto:mnaef at navisto.ch>> wrote:
>>
>>     Kai,
>>

>>     On 2013-08-07 09:07, K9 Kai Niggemann wrote:
>>
>>         I heard that I. Germany you can also get insurance for your flying
>>         endeavors for about 40 Eur. Might be worth it if you are flying
>>         anywhere near parked cars....;)
>>

>>     Yes, it's worth looking into insurance coverage when flying planes.
>>     The rules are quite different between countries though. In
>>     Switzerland for example you are required by law to have full
>>     insurance coverage if you fly anything above 500g. Some private
>>     liability insurance policies include that, others offer it as an
>>     extra. The national association (Aeroclub) also offers it as a
>>     service to members.
>>
>>     I guess that Jay's creation is below those 500g, so from a legal
>>     point of view he'd be safe in Switzerland. I believe Austria doesn't
>>     have that 500g limit. Germany on the other hand is a lot more
>>     restrictive (including a weight limit of 5kg unless you're flying on
>>     a field with explicit permission). Oh the fun when law starts to
>>     interfere with your hobby...
>>
>>     Martin

>> --
>> Romain