My latest creation ..

Martin Naef mnaef at navisto.ch
Wed Aug 7 10:46:30 CEST 2013

Kai,

On 2013-08-07 09:07, K9 Kai Niggemann wrote:
> I heard that I. Germany you can also get insurance for your flying
> endeavors for about 40 Eur. Might be worth it if you are flying
> anywhere near parked cars....;)

Yes, it's worth looking into insurance coverage when flying planes. The
rules are quite different between countries though. In Switzerland for
example you are required by law to have full insurance coverage if you
fly anything above 500g. Some private liability insurance policies
include that, others offer it as an extra. The national association
(Aeroclub) also offers it as a service to members.

I guess that Jay's creation is below those 500g, so from a legal point
of view he'd be safe in Switzerland. I believe Austria doesn't have that
500g limit. Germany on the other hand is a lot more restrictive
(including a weight limit of 5kg unless you're flying on a field with
explicit permission). Oh the fun when law starts to interfere with your
hobby...

Martin