Arturia Spark - my impressions

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 17:47:13 CEST 2012

On Sep 2, 2012, at 6:51 PM, Michael Zacherl <mubar04 at blauwurf.at> wrote:

> On 2.9.2012, at 23:37 , Andrew Tarpinian wrote:
>

>> I don't know if my computer can handle it... that website makes me nervous.
>
> well ... I didn't speak of buying it and welding it on your system, try the demo and find out.
> My MBP is more than 5 years old (2 x 2.6GHz Core 2 d) and I'm considering to buy it, and Zebra 2.
> I just said _I_ am potentially buying two soft synths!  ;-)
> Michael.
>
> PS: I played around with the Arturia Minimoog freebie, it's nice but I'd never buy it!

Ok yea it sounds very good, it's the first minimoog emulation (just one of it's many types it does) that I have used and said oh ok that probably sound like a real minimoog (I have never played a real mini,) which sounds silly but other emulations always sounded like just another regular synth. Also it's no problem on my system, macbook pro 17" 2.66 core 2 duo 8gb ram, ssd. There are some presets that yes bring it to it's knees after 2 notes but everything else is fairly normal, not sure yet what you have to turn on to get this to happen. I have 4 instances running in live all in divine mode and spark and I'm at 36%.

One thing that impressed me the most is when you start to take things slightly out of tune, it has a very analog way about it.