Arturia Spark - my impressions

Andrew Tarpinian andrewtarpinian at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 18:21:48 CEST 2012

On Sep 2, 2012, at 11:46 AM, punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Andrew
>
>> I'm sure it has to do with the interface not being labeled and them
> wanting to
>> have parameters that were always standard.
>
> Maybe but, Spark's strength over the competition is in synthesis yet, this
> is the area that the controller puts in second place.  Also, the controller
> has 6 knobs dedicated to mixer settings for the current sound;
> co-incidentally, each drum synth has 6 editable params so a perfect match.
> Just a shame there is no option to toggle these 6 knobs from Mixer to Synth
> mode..

for some reason they like to focus on the pre-set user - it's in all their marketing/videos, having like 3 version of the freking analog factory keyboard... in the new v-collection video they talk about the synths as presets that you can tweak…

anywho they did mention something like this in the SOS review so hopefully they do it.