Arturia Spark - my impressions

punkdISCO forums at punkdisco.co.uk
Sun Sep 2 17:46:47 CEST 2012

Hi Andrew

> I'm sure it has to do with the interface not being labeled and them
wanting to
> have parameters that were always standard.

Maybe but, Spark's strength over the competition is in synthesis yet, this
is the area that the controller puts in second place.  Also, the controller
has 6 knobs dedicated to mixer settings for the current sound;
co-incidentally, each drum synth has 6 editable params so a perfect match.
Just a shame there is no option to toggle these 6 knobs from Mixer to Synth
mode..

> Also the new Oberheim SEM V is probably the best sounding soft synth I
> have ever used, someone else try it and tell me I'm not crazy, it does not
> sound like software.

Interesting as the next version of Spark (due out Aug2012 so any day now)
has new SEM filters.  Whilst filters in drum synths are not as important to
me as filters in proper synths, hopefully these SEM filters will make Spark
even more sexy..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk