More yums: novation

Marek Szulen mszulen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 21:55:22 CEST 2012

> Op 1-9-2012 19:36, Marek Szulen schreef:
>
>> A years ago (like 1999-2000) I was thinking about AN1x and JP8000. That time JP won the contest :) Then I sold it when needed money. And now, it's again on my wish list for near future . I've just found AN1x cheap, that's why decided to give it a try. So far I like what I hear.
>
> The general consensus is, at least among AN1x owners :) that the AN1x kicks the JP8000's butt, sound-wise. Yes, the JP8000 has a better interface, but it's telling that Yamaha UK produced a JP8000 sound set for the AN1x.
>
> They've been doing some Mellotron stuff with it (yes, I know), but I haven't checked it out, if only because there's no computer connected to my synths.
>
> - Peter

I hope to check it by myself (as I remember Jp sounds very well)
Just found that bank of JP-like patches for AN1x here: http://www.planet-groove.com/yamaha/patches-an1x/jp8000.zip

Will give it a try as soon as I connect Yamaha to my mac. :)

You've mentioned Mellotron…sounds… Jarre'ish ;) btw, I've just downloaded Jarre-like patches for AN1x.
I want to use some of them next Sunday in Valkenswaard as I'll be playing short set during the Bloemen Corso parade :)

Marek