More yums: novation

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Sat Sep 1 21:13:37 CEST 2012

Op 1-9-2012 19:36, Marek Szulen schreef:

> A years ago (like 1999-2000) I was thinking about AN1x and JP8000. That time JP won the contest :) Then I sold it when needed money. And now, it's again on my wish list for near future . I've just found AN1x cheap, that's why decided to give it a try. So far I like what I hear.

The general consensus is, at least among AN1x owners :) that the AN1x
kicks the JP8000's butt, sound-wise. Yes, the JP8000 has a better
interface, but it's telling that Yamaha UK produced a JP8000 sound set
for the AN1x.

They've been doing some Mellotron stuff with it (yes, I know), but I
haven't checked it out, if only because there's no computer connected to
my synths.

- Peter