miniNova and Hardware Synths

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 8 00:33:14 CEST 2012

Hiya Paul,

I am really enjoying this little blue machine.

pros:
- Sounds great
- The animate pads, that double as arp trigger pads as well, are great performance tools
- The Perform section is absolute gem to play around for the most fundamental of sound tweaks
- Big filter know :-)
- Blue glow LEDs on mod wheel and pitch bend :-)
- Vocoder and included mic are great
- External input routing through the keys and engine can be very exciting,  I love doing that, starting with my Electribe MX that also had that.

cons:
- I don't mind the mini keys, and it actually is the perfect size for the space I have/needed.  Plus I'm not a "real" keyboard player as such :-)
- The more detailed edits are behind the LCD menu and a series of Menu and arrow key combinations.  (Editor software is coming out soon)

It's totally nestled itself as my main to go starting point, both as a keyboard controller and fun-to-be-had sound tweaking machine.  And it's just so fits my
blue painted studio :-)

mohsen

________________________________
 From: punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk>
To: 'Music-bar' <music-bar at lists.music-bar.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 6, 2012 8:33 AM
Subject: RE: miniNova and Hardware Synths

Hey mohsen

So, how are you getting on with the miniNova?  It looks fantastic btw -
probably my favourite looking synth of this mini format..

Ive never owned a Novation synth but I have always loved the company..

How is the interface?  Nice and easy to edit??  Does it have a VST editor?

But yeah, nice..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk