miniNova and Hardware Synths

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Oct 7 01:50:59 CEST 2012

Op 7-10-2012 0:55, Tony Scharf schreef:
> I had the ultranova, and its one big miss was its lack of audio
> rate FM.  Other than that, it was a great sounding synth.  Did
> they fix that in the mini?
>
> I keep gassing for the miniak, though.  Three mod wheels and
> really nice synth engine!  Its only miss is the low polyphony and
> no wave tables.  You cant have everything, I guess.

No problem with the polyphony, as I basically use this one for
solos. I do like the Miniak a lot. It has a good sound, it's
small, light, and it makes all the noise I need for gigs when I
don't want to bring that heavy Virus Indigo.

But...

What I really don't like is the archaic FX section. Reverb is not
good; Delay, way too short max times - stereo use means half the
delay time (2x300 ms); not possible to use delay and reverb
together. No real EQ. Sjeez, come on.

OTOH it was only €279. Got a nice soft case too.

cheers,

--
gert van santen
www.gertvansanten.nl