clickty clackity (Was: Re: Question PC Laptop for work)

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Nov 13 19:17:02 CET 2012

Op 13-11-2012 18:55, Andrew Tarpinian schreef:

> Actually right now I am researching �ber nerdy clickity clackity keyboards, anyone have any recommendations? Right now looking at the das ultimate :

Yes: before you buy anything, figure out what kind of key switches you
want in your mechanical keyboard. Do you want a click? Do you want a
high or low activation force? Do you want tactile feedback?

Most mechanical keyboards use Cherry key switches, and they come in
black, brown, blue, clear and red varieties. There are other
manufacturers of key switches as well.

The Mechanical Keyboard Guide may be of help:
http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

> http://www.daskeyboard.com

It gets good reviews. You could consider the Filco or the Leopold
keyboards as well, but they might be a bit more difficult to get hold of
(Korean made), and not everybody might have a Mac layout.

I'd suggest against the Razer(s), because as usual with that brand, it
looks fantastic when you buy it, but things wear pretty quickly, and
overall build of Razer products is not exactly great.

Still lovely to use, though, at least their mice are.

> Also, on the site click Kick Ass in the top right corner :)

- Peter