Amazing .. 48 track recorder on iFad2

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Sun Mar 4 09:59:19 CET 2012

> The immediate question I have though is space usage + cost.  You will need
> external storage, a stand, USB interface, etc. to actually use the iPad for
> this purpose.  How does that all work out cost wise versus getting a laptop +
> audio interface?  How about compared to a small footprint PC?

Damn good point!  Wish you could plug in an external drive and use it just like normal, but alas this hasn't made its way to iOS yet.  Maybe iOS6.

Also, for the audio-interface stuff .. I've got a cheap eu12,- USB-Audio interface plugged into my iPad for our sessions (makes it easier to access the mixer when I can use a 12-foot USB cable), so I don't think thats such a hassle.  Class-compliant devices work fine - plug and play.

> Also, anyone see a price for the software posted anywhere?

Yeah, couldn't find it either, but I imagine its going to be competitive compared to Cubase and co.  Maybe not as cheap as Reaper, but maybe not that bad, either.

;
--
Jay Vaughan