Amazing .. 48 track recorder on iFad2

moron moron at industrial.org
Sat Mar 3 20:26:21 CET 2012

On Saturday, March 03, 2012 09:55:06 AM Andrew Tarpinian wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2012, at 4:53 AM, Jay Vaughan <jayv at synth.net> wrote:
> Yay a daw clone... Technically cool, but boring, we should have much better
> interfaces by now, just thinking about using that on an iPad makes my
> frustrations hurt.

Obviously some of the more fiddly parameter based stuff would be a pain but for
basic recording duties (setting levels, hitting play, etc.) it seems like a
good match.   Gestures seem like they should be easier to ahem, "grasp" than
traditional visual OS control cues as well.  My wife got pretty good with
Ardour but I can see her flying around something gesture based.

The immediate question I have though is space usage + cost.  You will need
external storage, a stand, USB interface, etc. to actually use the iPad for
this purpose.  How does that all work out cost wise versus getting a laptop +
audio interface?  How about compared to a small footprint PC?

Also, anyone see a price for the software posted anywhere?

Cheers

--
http://industrial.org
http://deterrent.net