New Video: Beat Me (Feed Me) - Dedicated to Queen Elizabeth II

Gert van Santen g.vansanten at upcmail.nl
Sun Jun 3 14:26:04 CEST 2012

Op 3-6-2012 13:44, punkdISCO schreef:
> Please ask a grownup before playing this track..
>
> http://youtu.be/bVrrr3Ef88A
>
> Started off as a Korg Sigma demo track called "Beat Me",
> demonstrating the rhythmic beating you get on the Sigma's Ring
> Mod which you can tempo sync by carefully riding the Pitch Bend
> stick (patched to just the single Instrument oscillator). Anyway,
> singer (Leah) liked the track name and came up with some lyrics..
>
> Main synth line: single mono Sigma track, mostly a single held
> note, riding the Pitch Stick to control the oscillator beating.
> Tiny amount of EQ bass roll off and small compression but no more
> effects or processing, so you hear the raw synth.. [Correction:
> some chorus applied for the occasional bar]
>
> The intention was to record live then let Ableton Live Warping
> fix the timing issues. However, all the Warping types messed up
> the sound too much so I had to leave the audio un-Warped and do
> lots of old-school cutting up of the WAVs. Because of this (and
> my laziness) the tempo is out in places..
>
> Strings: mono Korg 900ps + chorus
>
> Drums: NI Maschine (sorry, I was feeling lazy!)
>
> God Save the Queen. 60 years of her reigning over us, her royal
> servants..

Awesome! I love the minimalness of the track, and the Sigma
rox!!! Man, I so wanted a Sigma in the eighties (I was also
interested in the Delta and the Lambda). It looks so beautiful. I
almost can't believe it's capable of such rude noises :-)

BTW, I think the way you work - sort of minimal - very inspiring.
It's one of the resons I ordered the minibrute. I'm planning a
lot of handwork, if you catch my drift :-)

Cool lyryx too. Wondering what will become of your kids, though ;-)

--
Gert