Fun games to play?

Peter Korsten peter at severity-one.com
Mon Jan 30 19:30:01 CET 2012

Op 30-1-2012 18:14, Jay Vaughan schreef:

> I'm laying in bed, sick as hell, and I've installed Steam on my Macbook Pro.  Just finished Voxaltron (LOVE IT!!) and now I'm wondering .. what are some other good Steam games to play?  Any recommendations?

Portal and Portal 2. Very witty, not too much violence, and you have to
think how to solve the puzzles - but not too hard. There are tons of
other games, but you'd have to tell us what kind of games you like.

I got Just Cause and Just Cause 2 off Steam. Loads of fun, cheap, but
possibly not your cup of tea. Whether Just Cause 2 would run well on
your Macbook depends a bit on the graphics chipset.

Bear in mind, though, that you get better deals elsewhere: I just got
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 from Amazon UK, for something like £31,
whereas on Steam it's €60. Same for Battlefield 3: not available on
Steam, £23 at Amazon.

Obviously, Steam is extremely convenient with having your games AND your
savefiles in the cloud, and available on any computer. Not that I have
dozens of games machines running about, though, so this advantage is
largely theoretical.

- Peter