Raspberry pi

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 21 19:20:07 CET 2012

On 21/01/2012 15:11, Michael Zacherl. wrote:

> On 12.1.2012, at 07:47 , Paul Maddox wrote:
>
>>   I can also see a lot of other uses, hell I've seen it running XBMC, that means I can replace my mac mini with a match box.

I might two of these, if they are even possible to buy without being
cycled around in a waiting queue for aeons (like some other gadget I
could mention)

I bought a WDTV Live box, which is a great media player with the alt.
firmware, but it isn't such a great music library player with some
shortcomings there and no proper surfing ability. Plus I'm not very
happy at all that few TV's or media players support _all_ the catchup
services, which is annoying.

So one of these Pi'es would/could replace the WDTV (which cost almost 3x
as much) and with a small wireless keyboard/mouse/pad thing also replace
my main PC for general surfing, emails etc. with a very small energy
requirement, which is ultra super-fine by me. Means I have more money to
buy more things that save energy! :)