Moog Minitaur

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 12 12:44:19 CET 2012

Martin,

> So yes, I think that once you've finished the guts of your synths, I think you should spend the same amount of thoroughness on the aesthetics.

Fair point and well made.
FWIW, at the moment for my next project I've spent a large amount of time doing market research on cases/colours/styles/shapes/etc for synths.

For the future, I'd like to get more "musicians" involved early and find a way to describe "what" the project is and does, and then ask them to come up with some concepts for the user interface. I have many ideas of my own, but firstly I'm not a "musician" (I'm a techy who plays music, to me there's a huge difference) and secondly I'm too close to the guts to be impartial about the UI.
When I get to this stage, I'll email the list and ask for advice.

Many thanks

Paul

VacoLoco
http://VacoLoco.net