Moog Minitaur

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 9 22:38:42 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Paul Maddox <yo at vacoloco.net> wrote:

> Was reading an article about brand identity... best example that 99.999% you will understand?
> your watch...
>
> a 1.99 watch from taiwan will do, why do you need to spend £50, £100, £250, £500, £<silly> for something that does the same thing?

Except I dont wear a watch :D

> I'm just puzzled what triggers it...

It only makes sense, really.  You make all your decisions based on
experiences you or others have had, taking in not only how the current
product compares to others like it but also the track record of the
company for creating good products.  A lifetime of experience  will
build certain loyalties (or aversions).  Economics is a fundamental
part of all of us, and we always want to get the best deal.  Brand (or
source) is just one factor in making that decision.

Tony