FaceTime and iChat connection problems

Ron West ronwest at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 13:33:41 CET 2012

A few days ago I asked for remote desktop advice and a suggestion to
use iChat was made.

I took delivery of a new iMac for my Mom at my house. We set it up
here and got FaceTime working on my local network with her on the iMac
and me on my iPT. We also got FaceTime working off site also with the
iMac (at my house) and my brothers iPad 2 (at his house).

Here's the problem - Since I'm going to be tech support for Mom I'll
need to control her desktop remotely. She took the iMac home and we
got her set up with a iChat account. The problem is that IM works fine
with iChat (we can type back and forth fine) but my Mac Pro wont
connect to her iMac (non-stop spinning sprocket). Also, FaceTime will
ring with no answer on my iPT or the iPad 2. Everything worked fine at
my house though.

Any suggestions are appreciated.