Aurora

Paul Maddox yo at vacoloco.net
Sun Dec 9 21:14:25 CET 2012

Martin

But how about just going ahead and designing your synth the way you imagine
> it? I understood that your primary motivation was having your very personal
> polysynth. So there's nothing stopping you from doing just that.

yup, I'm fully intending to, after all that's what I did with the Monowave
:)

> If afterwards a lot of people want one too, I'd start worrying about the
> business side. If you want to keep your risk low, you can simply license
> the design to an established business and reap some of the benefits while
> accepting that somebody else might get rich (or go bankrupt...). I think
> this is the best way to keep doing what you consider the fun part (assuming
> that running your own business is not what you really wanted).

I have been thinking about licensing it to someone.
It works for both them and me, they get a new product with practically zero
R&D costs which they can sell.
I get a percentage or something and I don't have to deal with the business
side of things.

That's how Tempest was going to work with Hartmann music, shame really as
it seemed like a great deal for us both.

Paul