Aurora

Paul Maddox yo at vacoloco.net
Fri Dec 7 23:55:48 CET 2012

Joost,

yup, all the figures will work out in bulk.
What I'll be doing, once it's built and debugged is getting prices for
assembled boards, different cases, etc and then spending a week in
spreadsheet hell costing the options up.

This'll give me the basis for the "price breaks" for the crowdfunding
project and give me an idea of what's needed.
however, do the math based on your equations, that's a kick starter project
that needs $250,000 of funding to get started, that is HUGE money to be
dealing with in anyone's books.

to be honest, that kind of scares me. but it does show that in volume a
realistic price is achievable.
it'd certainly scare the heck out of people like Dave Smith, Access and
Waldorf.

But, let's not count chickens yet, I have to finish it first :)

Paul