Aurora

Joost Schuttelaar joost at joostschuttelaar.nl
Fri Dec 7 22:09:30 CET 2012

I think that making it as an instrument just for yourself, to play, actually play, then to see what (can) come after, is a very smart thing. Like you mentioned, a 3500 UKP instrument is not realistic, unless it is something truly extraordinary.

120USD for 1000 boards gets you in the kickstarter range though... 100 orders, 1000 boards... 1200+300 (case)+200 (keybed)+200 assembly = a 2000 USD instrument. Add 500 for your time. 2500 USD for a 10-voice awesome polyphonic synth. Makes you 50K. That's OK for a 'hobby' project for 2 years.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL