New track: Tättärää

Kim Johnsson johnssonkim at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:40:08 CEST 2012

Hi all!

The kids had a couple of friends over last friday, and the male one
turned out to be interested in my music hardware. So we had a jam
session of sorts, after which he wanted us to make a song. He told me
what he wanted, and I "produced". Sound source selection was made by
randomly pointing at synths, and sounds and patterns were described
and iterated. All in all, lots of fun. During the weekend I added some
stuff we didn't have time to finish on friday, and gave it a
structure.

The chipmunk sound is a realtime Nord Modular pitch shifting patch
with suboptimal signal path mic -> amp -> amp -> NM. Hence lots of
hiss and noise.

Built around an ancient bassline of mine. My usual kind of easy
listening :-) Both voxy and voxless versions to be found in this set:

http://soundcloud.com/kim-johnsson/sets/karliino

Cheers,

Kim