Ipad 3 charging issue

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Thu Apr 12 11:32:36 CEST 2012

> Well, maybe it was because I decided to install Ruby via yum, rather than
> building it by hand like the installation instructions suggested. I would
> imagine that as soon as you do a LoadModule in Apache for the Ruby module,
> .rb files should be handled by it. But that doesn't appear to be the case,
> or it doesn't find an index file, or whatever.

Ah yes, Ruby.  BTW, Ruby installation and maintenance pretty much sucks on all Linux distro's, because distro's are not maintaining the Ruby package as well as the Ruby team are .. and they're expecting most Ruby'ists to use 'rvm' instead:

http://beginrescueend.com/

Its definitely a dilemna for us distro-types, but rvm (and Ruby in general) is best maintained locally.  Distro's aren't really doing the Ruby thing so well - and CentOS is especially lousy in this regard.

BTW, since Redmine is a stock-standard rails site, I think you can try it out without having to integrate it into your existing webserver configuration .. go to the redmine dir, type 'script/rails server' and you should get a locally-addressable webserver configured to run the redmine app which you can use to try it out .. assuming you got as far as doing a 'rake db:migrate' to get your database set up, of course. (ymmv) ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan