Track critique invitation - Voynich - Alocrom

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 20 13:44:57 CEST 2011

Hi Chris,

Listening on (good) headphones at the office, so no final answer.

Definitely very 80's TD-style electronica. It has a nice flow, but not
much "catch" or "drama".

On the mix side: The separation is fine, the elements play together
well. I feel there's a bit of a hole in the lower-mid region after you
fade out the initial pad. It feels a bit claustrophobic. My first try
would be to work on the choir sound - make that one wider and warmer,
and things might fall nicely into place. The arpeggiated synth sound
that's prominent about two-thirds into the piece could also fill the spot.

Martin