Track critique invitation - Voynich - Alocrom

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 20 13:31:38 CEST 2011

Gents,

I've been invited (well I forced myself upon them to be honest!) to
submit another track for the follow up compilation album of this:

http://www.groove.nl/cd/3/33644.html

This time the 20 or so artists create one track that adheres to one of
four decades from the 70s to now of classic electronic music. The decade
I've chosen is 80s - no surprises there!

Here's an early mix:

http://www.voynich.co.uk/mp3/Voynich_Alocrom_V0.9_mastered.mp3

http://goo.gl/Zs0w7 Short link.

I'd appreciate if you could give a listen on your monitors and see any
howlers in EQ/volume balancing, what's annoying or boring or too
repetitive etc. This is still an early mix and things can easily be
altered. Obviously this track may not really be to your taste but
checking that I haven't over bassed or over brightened anything to the
point of pain would be useful ;)

There's JX-8p, Juno 60, PPG, Emulator II, DX7, Fairlight and Oberheim DX
:D

I've got a few weeks before I have to submit. I'm not sure how 1981-1990
it sounds like now but heh ho!

Thanks a lot.

Chris