Monotribe

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Sep 11 20:24:52 CEST 2011

In the late 80s early 90's, Chris Randall was Sister Machine gun and
Positron Records.  He now releases under the name Micronaught.  He is
also one half of AudioDamage and programs instrument plugins.

If you followed his twitter feed, he basically reviewed the mono while
going through the process of trying to write a track with it.  He had
a lot of trouble taming the clicky kick transients and other things to
make a final 'professional' mix.  His conclusion was based on the
thought that you would need a lot of really expensive processing to
ultimately be able to use the monotribe in a professional production
because of its unwieldy transients.  To each his own, I guess.

Tony