Linux IDEs for web development other than Quanta?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 24 10:39:43 CEST 2011

I've been quite happy with Anjuta as a general purpose IDE, followed closely by Code::Blocks .. but I don't do web development, PHP, HTML .. these things are not something I pay much attention to any more.  I don't see any instant-gratification "Web/PHP/HTML Project" templates in the 'new project' template list, alas, but its quite possible that I'm overlooking something in the Anjuta ecosphere.  Editor-wise, its pretty darn good, and project-integration/filesystem-tracking wise, pretty awesome.  I love having a shell integrated with my C/C++ projects with this IDE - its quite possible you could find a way to use this for PHP and HTML and all that if you investigate it.

Code::Blocks is also pretty darn good - heck, I also think Bluefish works pretty well - but I'm not managing a huge tree of web objects, so ymmv ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan