Linux IDEs for web development other than Quanta?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Oct 24 07:14:56 CEST 2011

Op 24-10-2011 6:20, moron schreef:

> Howdy.  I was curious if anyone knows of any alternatives to Quanta for Linux
> that I might have missed.  Unfortunately KDE4 is leading quickly to the end of
> Quanta support (Kubuntu is supposedly losing it entirely in the next
> iteration) which means I need to find an alternative pretty quickly for doing
> web-centric work (PHP + Javascript + HTML/CSS).
>
>> From my experience so far,  Bluefish doesn't seem offer the same sort of
> functionality as far as how it represents a project (file management seems
> pretty weird).  That said, I would be happy with Kate as the code editor if it
> had some sort of project management system wrapped around it.

Have you considered Netbeans? I've never used it for anything other than
Java (it does C/C++, Ruby and PHP, too), but despite its resource usage
and despite several bugs, it's pretty awesome. It's for free, runs on
anything that runs Java, so you could always give it a try.

- Peter