How to explain an analog state variable filter ..

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 14 00:53:35 CEST 2011

Op 14-10-2011 0:42, Tony Hardie-Bick schreef:

> Yeah java is better than c++ and that's why I prototype in java. But c++ was a big, beautiful, bold step for a language tied to the silicon, and it could barely have been better for its time.

Exactly my point. And now, we see that C# has some compelling features
when compared to Java. Java is actually struggling with backwards
compatibility... although I do have good hopes that certain things like
decent generics will one day be a reality. C# is doing better in that
regard, although it could be argued that whilst Java's evolution happens
as quick as an Alpine glacier, C#'s happens like Parisian fashion. Both
have their pros and cons.

So yes, I do see Java biting the dust one day, but it won't be at C#'s
hands. The languages are too similar for that. Java's biggest problem,
apart from the memory usage, is that certain things are just too damn
tedious to do. And then they invent some new framework or library or
whatever that starts with 'J', such as JDBC, JAX-WS, JAXB or whatever,
but the implementation always leaves somewhat to be desired. Having had
to wait almost five years for Java 7, with only half of the features
that it ought to have had, hasn't helped either.

Anyway. It still works for me, though. :)

- Peter