Smithsonian "Kontrol Surface" KS-1974

ibisum EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Nov 29 12:49:46 CET 2011

> And the iPad (2) isn't overpriced cocktail hardware?

Nope.

> What with the HP
> Thinkpad (I think it's that, but HP anyway) going for $200 and before
> even $99 on Ebay,  why on earth spend so much money on such a fashion
> item like the iPad?

For all the apps, of course.  There are so many really productive
music-making applications for the iPad, which is waaaay ahead of
anything else in terms of pure value for money, that nothing else makes
economic sense ..  For $500 you can have an iPad2 and 10 really amazing
music-making apps which just grow and grow, feature after feature,
update after update.  No other tablet/touchpad thingy comes even close,
and no other touchpad thingy *will* come close to Apple in the immediate
future, when it comes to having access to a vast library of great
music-making tools available for, relatively, cheap ..

j.