Some Sunday Afternoon Dubstep for you all

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 21 01:32:25 CET 2011

Very cool Andy, I really like the stretchy bass sounds in the quieter passages of spellchecka.  The drusk-chordal sound is very much inline with what BrainFeeder (FlyLo's label) would release :-)

Nice.

Mohsen

________________________________
 From: Andrew Robinson <andrew at bml.co.uk>
To: Music-bar <music-bar at lists.music-bar.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2011 10:17 AM
Subject: Some Sunday Afternoon Dubstep for you all

The most fun part of my BA (hons) in Creative Digital Media is the
creative sound design module.

This week, we've been sampling kids toys, and making dubstep/brostep
tracks, which we'll be playing it out at a Children in Need charity
next Thursday. Not really my type of music (and a long way from the
proper dubstep that Mark makes), but delivering something with the
formulaic super-bassy 'rip your ears off' filth was a nice challenge.

Have a listen (and a download if you like) at
http://soundcloud.com/lx-nen/spellcheka

There's a tiny toy musical box, a speak and spell, a newer spelling
toy, and a few other bits and bobs in there. The reverb is from those
Valhalla things I was plugging earlier.

As part of the same project, I also made a segment entirely from
samples of a kid's toy computer, and the plug ins from Logic Express
7, at 120 bpm. We're going to assemble lots of these to make a big
track. It's a bit more experimental, and a lot easier on the ears.

http://soundcloud.com/lx-nen/h-i-p-h-o-p

Another brief from the course was simply 'make something 1 minute
long'. This is iMachine on the iPhone, and the rather wonderful
'Improvisator' VST, plus some glitch effects.

http://soundcloud.com/lx-nen/drusk-chordal

While on the subject of my sound design course, does anyone have
Django's e-maill address? I could really use a short sample of the
Large Hadron collider for my final project...

- Andy_R