Linux Distro for Music

ibi sum EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun May 22 15:21:02 CEST 2011

> Fedora/CCRMA here

I've booted it a few times and must confess that the idea of running
Fedora again has crossed my mind.  It is very clean.  I don't know what
it is about Debian/packages that keep me attached, however.. I did have
fun the last time I booted Fedora with CCRMA, at least in as much as I
was able to quickly get the sources for the installed packages, make
changes, and re-install without borking things.  Thats important for me,
as the whole point of using an open source system is to have direct and
clean access from source->binary-(run) ..

Well, I do that with ease on Debian, too, but it is nice and clean, that
yum .. maybe I will have another swipe at Fedora/CentOS, soon.

Point is, actually, that audio is pretty good on -all- Linux distros.
Take the time to get things set up properly, and you'll be happy with
it.  I have about 300 plugins I haven't investigated, and more regularly
intsalled easily, through ubuntu studios repos ..

--

;