Vista? Hello or goodbye?

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat May 14 12:12:06 CEST 2011

To further put fire on the OS-war :) Yesterday I got a bifferboard (http://bifferos.bizhat.com/) and to get a toolchain going I installed the new Ubuntu 11.04 in a VMWare Fusion session on my Mac - and I have to say: UI-wise it's looking pretty good these days.

One of the major issues I had with stock installs I had is that the text rendering was awful. Kerning is mediocre at best, but the anti-aliasing has improved a lot. Not as good as OS X ;) but much better than Windows.

PS: install process was extremely smooth. I'd have to say that the out of the box experience has been more pleasant than the Win7 I have in the VM...

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL