Apple haters

diode EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 23 14:58:53 CET 2011

Le 23 mars 2011 à 12:30, Peter Korsten a écrit :

> The Serbs had been waging war on Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina
> (that were all independent states until the wretched Versailles Treaty),
> cumulating in the massacre of 8000 men and boys in Sebrenica. And when the
> pattern was repeating itself in Kosovo (notwithstanding the clever media
> campaign by the UCK), NATO decided to intervene - just because of Sebrenica.
> (To protect Muslims from Christians in a country with no oil worth
> mentioning, incidentally.)

I support your way of thinking but:

- Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia were part of the Austrian-Hungary Empire before Versailles… (not saying they didn't deserve independance and so on, just they weren't independant at that time, and Princip who "started all things" somehow in 1914 killed the Archiduke in Sarajevo (Bosnia) and was a Serbian…

Anyway, Balkans are a bag of sorrow for a long long time…

- It's in fact the intervention (bombing) of NATO that started the ethnic cleaning in Kosovo.

One point that I want stated is that NATO interventions in Afghanistan, Kosovo and maybe coming in Libya are not legit. As the treaty is a defensive one and no NATO country was attacked specifically. It's all a move from the treaty started by Clinton and Bush, but the europeans should never had accepted this.

On my own, I support the intervention in Libya (down with this bastard, he's been torturing his people for way too long) on the principles of the SC resolution. Resolution that doesn't AFAIK forbid to get rid of Kadhafi (anyway he's good for the IPC as another resolution states by his doings), nor to give arms to the rebels (and Egypt is doing so).

What bothers me more is Sarkozy is a moron (note to the DCRI guys reading this, this is a PRIVATE list), and totally stupid at foreign policy and diplomacy. And i really don't want him to start us a "war/we are surrounded by enemies/lets kill some idiotic muslims in a remote desert country, preferably where there's oil" for the godsake of the forthcoming presidential election (2012).

Now after a few days, there won't be a DCA, plane, nor transmitter working for Kadhafi, and we'll see were it all goes from there.

I'm still wondering why rockets and light artillery didn't made thru to the rebels YET…

Denis =G)
----
LOPPSI IS BAD