Apple haters

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 23 12:30:04 CET 2011

2011/3/23 The Dong <dong at f2s.com>

> Aye. Maybe all the bodies can be stored there.
> Humanitarian effort?
> Are they going to fly in aid tied to a cruise missile?
> Combat Phase over?
> Does it ever end?

Why is your criticism solely aimed at western countries? I've pointed out
last year, that it's apparently OK to slaughter innocent civilians, but that
it's not OK to try and do something about it.

Not just you, but others on this list as well. Civilians were shot at in the
streets, and you hear nothing, but pass a UN resolution and tada, we have a
protest song before you can even say "Tomahawk".

> I get the distinct impression you think war works.
> Maybe one day soon it will be at your door.
> The ultimate solution!
> But too late to stem the false impetus..

The war is taking place a mere 340 km from where I live, so it's close
enough. However, it's still farther away than the distance between where you
live, and Lockerbie. What if PanAm flight 103 had flown a little more to the
east, and the bomb would have exploded a little later?

To me, what lies at the foundation of what we're seeing now is Sebrenica.
The Serbs had been waging war on Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina
(that were all independent states until the wretched Versailles Treaty),
cumulating in the massacre of 8000 men and boys in Sebrenica. And when the
pattern was repeating itself in Kosovo (notwithstanding the clever media
campaign by the UCK), NATO decided to intervene - just because of Sebrenica.
(To protect Muslims from Christians in a country with no oil worth
mentioning, incidentally.)

Did civilians get killed? Yes. Though never more than the 8000 of Sebrenica,
or all the other ones, like the massacre on the market of Sarajevo. It's not
that long ago; have we all forgotten? Did we forget that decade of
bloodshed, with terrible crimes perpetrated by all parties, but the cause of
the conflict being Serbian dominance and the idea of Greater Serbia, as
propagated by Milosevic? Did we forget the death squads, like the one of
Arkan, roaming the Kosovo countryside?

I have not forgotten. And that's why I support this military action, because
I cannot stomach any more war crimes against innocent civilians, when
there's something that can be done. I don't believe you can hide behind
things like 'territorial integrity'.

"Yeah, I know he's beating his wife and children, but it's not my problem,
is it?" Fuck that.

- Peter